Importance of Hydration
When it comes to your pet's nutrition, water is even more important than protein, vitamins, and minerals. Whether your pet is a serious athlete, couch potato, or always on the go, it is vital for them to stay hydrated!
It's fascinating to know that every cell, tissue, and all of the major organ systems in your pet's body needs water to function properly. Water cleanses and detoxifies your pet's body. It helps in flushing toxins out of theif body through urination.
Water helps to maximize your dog's physical performance. Optimal hydration reduces the oxidative stress that occurs during high-intensity exercise in dogs.
Benefits of having a pet water bottle
Want to have a pet pawduct to keep your furry child hydrated? Here’s why personalized 2-in-1 water bottle options are our go-to:
- Convenient for pets and pet owners: Dog water bottle is perfect for daily dog walking and road trips. It's perfect for puppies, adult dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals. Also, the bottle is easy to clean and use whether you are at home or outdoor.
- Safe for pets: The bottle is made using high-quality material for canine companion safety and long-lasting quality.
- Travel-friendly design: The dog water bottle is a must have access for traveling, hiking, walking with your pet buddy. The locking design inside the bottle body can prevent water leakage efficiently.
- Sustainable and reusable: The dog water bottle is sustainable and good for the environment.
- Personalization: Dog water bottle makes one of the most perfect personalized gifts for pet lovers. Any dedicated pet parent would absolutely love this gift.
Common signs of dehydration in dogs
If your pets don’t drink enough water, they may become dehydrated. Here are a few signs that can signal your furry companion may be dehydrated.
- Little or no urine
- Excessive, ongoing panting
- Dry mouth
- Little energy and fatigue
- No interest in eating
- Sunken eyes
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Dry, sticky gums
Tips for keeping your pet hydrated
Good hydration is critical to your pet's health and is one of the most important aspects of their diet. Here are our top tips for keeping your pet hydrated.
- Your first step to know how much water your pet needs. Pets should be getting at least one ounce of water for each pound of body weight.
- Keep your pet hydrated by providing plenty of water multiple times throughout the day.
- Always give water to your pet before, during, and after physical activity.
- Your pet can also get water from fresh fruits and vegetables. So, it is great to feed them fresh fruits and vegetables as treats.
- We suggest that you keep a water bottle close by to keep your pet hydrated with you when you go for a walk or for a run!
- If you have trouble remembering to give water to your pet on a trip, provide water on a schedule. For example, give them water when they wake up, have meal, playtime, and when they go to bed.
- If you suspect that your pet is dehydrated, call your vet immediately.